Children's Ministries Coordinator-Teacher
At LifeSong UMC, we are passionate about bolstering families in their faith by providing opportunities that encourage, equip and demonstrate love to each family member. We strive to provide children's programming that is relevant, age-appropriate and connectional. We also make a point to partner with parents and caretakers to help raise children to have a strong relationship with Christ.
To succeed in this position, you'll need:
- A relationship with Jesus that is sold-out that you can express in front of a group of people, including leading corporate prayer and sharing your testimony in kid language.
- The ability to connect quickly with people to communicate vision, inspire action, inform and receive feedback gracefully.
- A fervent desire to acknowledge the value in people and see them grow in their faith through serving and participating at LifeSong.
- The motivation and forethought to plan-plan-plan; also the flexibility to adapt and remain in control in a fast-paced and unpredictable environment.
- Cast vision to parents, volunteers and the people of LifeSong of the purpose and drive behind all of LifeSong Children's Ministries.
- Represent LifeSong to new and visiting families on Sunday mornings, especially those with children.
- Find, train and schedule weekly leaders for LifeSong Children's Ministries.
- Adhere to all Safe Sanctuaries guidelines for all Children's Ministry activities.
- Manage curriculum and supplies as needed for LifeSong Children's Ministries; also manage budgeted funds for Children's Ministries.
- Teach Excite or Encounter each week.
- Grow the Children’s Ministry to reach more families.
- Communicate with parents about what is happening at LifeSong Children's Ministries and how they can participate in their child's spiritual growth at home.
- Attend all Children's Ministry Committee meetings and nearly all Sunday worship services at LifeSong.
- Organize Volunteer Equipping events for Children's Ministry volunteers.
- Publicly acknowledge and profusely appreciate Children's Ministry volunteers.
- Devote an average of 10-15 hours/week to LifeSong Children's Ministry.
- Organize special events for children and families as funds and volunteers allow. These may include but are not limited to: VBS, Easter Celebration, Christmas Pageant, Kids activities at Community Day, Volunteer Training Events and Fall Festival, etc.
You'll excel in this role if you can:
- Relate to kids through fun and friendship and talk about spiritual topics using their language.
- Engage a room of kids of various ages in worship or a lesson, or even a skit or puppet show.
- Shoot and edit a video, operate a soundboard, and sync a laptop with a projector.
- Retain your cool-factor amid perceived chaos.
You might find it helpful to know what children's programs we are focusing on right now. These are not set in stone going forward, but coming into this position, you're looking at taking responsibility for:
- Excite -- Sunday morning ministry for Pre-K & Kindergarteners.
- Encounter -- Sunday morning ministry for 1st-4th graders.
- 5/6 -- Sunday morning ministry for 5th and 6th graders.
- Annual VBS and other special events designed for families.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $6,760.00 to $10,140.00 /year