This is a full time hours position that will run through November 1st. While park is in operation, the shift will be 4 pm - 12 am.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary: Responsible for overall maintenance of park. Maintains and repairs buildings, grounds and attractions, ensures water quality in pools and attractions. Oversees park operations to ensure facility is operational on a daily basis. Handles customer and employee questions and resolves complaints by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects all facets of park operations to ensure facilities are in proper working order and ready for opening. Ability to take action in event of emergencies such as machine, equipment, or power failure.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of buildings, attractions and grounds.
- Responsible for cleanliness of park during and after operating hours.
- Develops nightly pressure washing schedule.
- Oversees Night Maintenance, including facilities and restroom cleaning and evening water testing.
- Makes necessary repairs to facilities.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment.
- Assists in unloading and storing supplies.
- Tests chlorine content and PH value of water with water testing kit and completes daily log of test results.
- Assist in determining work procedures and work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Follows written and oral instructions.
- Maintains harmony among employees and helps to resolve disputes.
- Assists in developing & coordinating project plans.
- Communicates changes and progress.
- Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Read and interpret written information.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assist Maintenance Supervisor with personnel in the Maintenance and House and Grounds Division. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be:
- Regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently work in high, precarious places.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. (pool chemicals/chlorine bleach)
- May be exposed to possible risk of electrical shock if assigned to perform electrical repair responsibilities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with proper assistance and equipment
- Frequently required to sample, test, and record water samples.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit; talk or hear and smell.
- Will utilize hand tools such as hammers, saws, drills, etc.
- Free admission to Herschend Family Entertainment theme parks and water parks
- Complimentary Silver Dollar City Attractions tickets to share with your favorite people
- Access to a low-cost health clinic, which features a full-service doctor’s office
- Free or reduced admission to many local shows and attractions, plus other local discounts
- Discounts on food, merchandise and lodging at Herschend Family Entertainment properties
- Eligible full-time employees also receive health insurance, profit sharing and 401(k)
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disabled/ Veterans