Summary: Supervises Aquatics Division of White Water. Responsible for ensuring all lifeguards are properly trained and constantly evaluated, adjusting staffing levels based on daily attendance, working within a budget, developing an organized plan for staff retention and development, and overseeing park operations directly related to all attractions’ operations and safety policies and procedure. Handles customer and employee questions and resolves complaints by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects all facets of park attractions to ensure guest and employee areas are in proper working order and ready for opening. Ability to take action in event of emergency situations such as injuries, equipment breakdown, or power failure.
- Responsible for lifeguard training to include all Jeff Ellis and Associates required training, White Water lifeguard departmental training, and White Water safety policies and procedures.
- Constantly evaluating entire staff to ensure the safest environment for our guest and employees
- Assisting in overall park operations to include emergency procedures, customer issues, or any other operational issues.
- Follow / implement White Water’s disciplinary policies and procedures.
- Develop an organized plan for staff retention and development.
- Adjust staffing levels based on daily attendance while adhering to Jeff Ellis and Associates program standards.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites paperwork.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Maintains harmony among employees and helps to resolve disputes.
- Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Exhibits objectivity and is open to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Observes safety and security procedures within Aquatics department; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Free admission to Herschend Family Entertainment theme parks and water parks
- Complimentary Silver Dollar City Attractions tickets to share with your favorite people
- Access to a low-cost health clinic, which features a full-service doctor’s office
- Free or reduced admission to many local shows and attractions, plus other local discounts
- Discounts on food, merchandise and lodging at Herschend Family Entertainment properties
- Eligible full-time employees also receive health insurance, profit sharing and 401(k)
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disabled/ Veterans
- Two or more years’ experience working in a water park management or aquatics management position preferred; College degree in related program field preferred; Previous supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software; Microsoft Excel software; TimeForce payroll systems; Microsoft Outlook preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Missouri Class E Driver's License or resident state equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain a Jeff Ellis and Associates lifeguard instructor license.