FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kimberling City, MO – Meet 40 regional authors and hear from ten speakers at the Seventh Annual Meet the Authors Festival at the Kimberling Area Library. The event will take place on Saturday, February 2, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
“We are offering this free, stimulating event to provide individuals an opportunity to meet and talk with a wealth of talented authors,” said KAL Director Carol Adams. “We feel fortunate that the event has attracted popular and award-winning authors who will be on hand to share their stories, sign books, answer questions and much more. We also have an interesting line-up of speakers and a book will be given away after each speaker’s presentation.”
The two featured speakers this year are Joyce Valdois Smith and Tamara Hart Heiner. Ms. Smith will be speaking on her book, Romance Along the Rails, exploring the Harvey Houses-Jewels Along the Santa Fe. Ms. Heiner will be speaking about reading between the lines in her book, Cassandra Jones: The New Girl.
Speaker topics and times are as follows:
● 9:50 AM – Katherine Ritchie - My Name is Jozef Bednarz -Memoir of a WWII POW
● 10:10 AM - Joyce Valdois Smith - Harvey Houses Jewels Along the Santa Fe
● 10:40 AM – Byron von Rosenberg- Making friends with People and Animals
● 11:00 AM - Chris Mitchell Chris Mitchell Chris MitchellChris MitchellChris Mitchell -- ”IT ” Doesn't Define “ME ”
● 11:20 AM - C. A. Simonson -- Preserving your Legacy through Stories
● 11:40 AM - Tamara Hart Heiner--Reading Between the Lines
● 12:10 PM - Larry Dugger--Breaking Bad Habits and Other Destructive Behaviors
● 12:30 PM - Patty Carothers and Amy Brewer--Uplifting Young Adults and Their Importance in the Community
● 12:50 PM - Pat Lamb-- Helping Children Understand the Bible
● 1:10 PM - Billy Pearson -- Frontier Woman; The Story of an Adventurous Woman
“We invite everyone to join us on February 2. It’s an opportunity you won s an opportunity you won’t want to miss," said Adams. Almost every genre of book will be represented at the event including nonfiction, fiction, children, young adult, cooking, Christian, historical, romance, health, humorous, family, sci-fi, fantasy, adventure, military, and photography. Complimentary coffee and cookies will be served throughout the day.
The Kimberling Area Library is located at 45 Kimberling Boulevard in Kimberling City, Missouri.
For more information call the library at 417-739-2525 or visit www.authors.kalib.org .