Skip to content


Frequently Asked Questions

Resource Links

Building Permits

A permit is generally required for remodeling projects that involve changes to the building's existing footprint, electrical system or plumbing. A permit is also required for any new builds.

If your project is located within a city's limits, you will need to review the codes and permits for that city in addition to Stone County's codes and permits.  Building codes will vary from city to city. Before beginning a build or remodeling project, refer to Stone County Planning & Zoning for questions and/or applications.

For Contractors, there is a copy of the Building Permit Packet along with all applications provided by the Planning and Zoning Department – Available in P & Z office 112 E. 5th Street, Galena, MO 65656

P & Z - Regulations & Comprehensive Plan Link

Stone County Residential Building Permit (Commercial, Residential, Mfg Home)

Stone County Preliminary Plat Checklist

Board of Adjustments Planning & Zoning Meeting Request Form


Stone County Planning & Zoning

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 301

Galena, MO 65656

Physical Address:

112 E. 5th Street

Galena, MO 65656


Phone: 417- 357-8402

Fax: 417-357-9227

Operating Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm


Nightly Rentals
Water & Sewer
Road Access
Health Department & Liquor Permits
Scroll To Top